Wednesday 25 June 2014

Simple Tip 2 = You NEED palm ratchets!

I've seen Palm Ratchets floating about in cheap tool sections and on Ebay for ages, finally I thought I would give some a try.

I was unsure if they were a silly novelty or something I would acrtually use, but for a whole £9.99 delivered I thought they were worth a shot.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neilsen-Professional-3pc-Piece-Palm-Ratchet-Set-Warranty-1-4-3-8-1-2-/390525540054?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5aed22d6d6





They duly arrived very quickly after ordering in a nice little retail pack as below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neilsen-Professional-3pc-Piece-Palm-Ratchet-Set-Warranty-1-4-3-8-1-2-/390525540054?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5aed22d6d6

On inspection they are cheaply made, but for the money I wouldn't like to manufacture one, never mind the set of three. The rubber grips feel nice in the hand, and dont slip even when wearing a greasy pair of gloves, and the reverse control knob on the back of each ratchet has groves which help when swapping rotation.

I've used them on a couple of jobs now, from spinning on wheel nuts with less than prefect threads, to undoing rusted up trim retaining screws under wheel arches. First impressions are very good, they certainly make working in tight spaces far easier, even if you need a larger tool to crack / tighten the fixing one of these makes jobs far faster.

Also when fixings are too loose to ratchet the rubber handle is much nicer to grip and easier on the hand after a long day than just holding a bare socket. Sure you are still moving your grip all the time but the larger surface stops your hand cramping up.

In summary I dont know why I didnt get some years ago, bargain tool, well worth it!

========================================================================

Credit: As this is a quick post I pinched the images from the listing I bought these from rather than snapping my own. Ebay Seller I got mine from's shop = PJS-Discounts11  and the listing for these ratchets = Neilsen-Professional-3pc-Piece-Palm-Ratchet-Set

No comments:

Post a Comment